- Labsphere, Orb Optronix Team
NORTH SUTTON, N.H., and KIRKLAND, Wash., June 8, 2009 – Light measurement companies Labsphere and Orb Optronix have announced a far-reaching collaboration on the development of a broad range of new LED, display and light metrology products.
Under the new agreement, select Orb Optronix LED test instrumentation will be manufactured at Labsphere’s New Hampshire facility. The two companies will also cooperate on the development of a broad range of products, and Orb Optronix plans to expand its thriving LED measurement services laboratory with the addition of several Labsphere systems.
Additionally, the companies will now share sales channels. Orb Optronix’s LED characterization systems and software will be sold through Labsphere’s worldwide sales organization while Labsphere products will be available through Orb Optronix’s US distribution network.
Pictured are (L-R): Rand Lee, Orb Optronix; Kevin Chittim, Labsphere; Dave Jenkins, Orb Optronix; Greg McKee, Labsphere.
“We’ve developed strong product design relationships with a number of high-profile companies through our Engineering Services Group and LED Measurement Laboratory. Now that we are ready to release hardware and software targeted at the LED test and measurement markets, we’ve partnered with the premier light metrology organization and look forward to a long and fulfilling distribution and product development relationship with Labsphere,” said Orb Optronix President Dave Jenkins.
“We believe the partnership between Orb and Labsphere will offer our customers incredible benefits in terms of innovation, customer service and value,” said Labsphere President Kevin Chittim. “In addition, Orb’s Washington location will allow us to provide expanded measurement services capability in the western United States.”
Founded in 2006, Orb Optronix provides engineering services and products for the illumination, optical and optoelectronic industries.
Part of the Halma group of technology companies, Labsphere is a provider of light testing and measurement products and diffuse optical coatings.
For more information, visit: www.orboptronix.com or www.labsphere.com
- The general term for the application of light to a subject. It should not be used in place of the specific quantity illuminance.
- The science of measurement, particularly of lengths and angles.
- Pertaining to optics and the phenomena of light.
- The technology of generating and harnessing light and other forms of radiant energy whose quantum unit is the photon. The science includes light emission, transmission, deflection, amplification and detection by optical components and instruments, lasers and other light sources, fiber optics, electro-optical instrumentation, related hardware and electronics, and sophisticated systems. The range of applications of photonics extends from energy generation to detection to communications and...
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA