NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS AT 12:01 AM (ET) ON Nov. 30, 2011, AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM (EDT) ON Feb. 1, 2012.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter Photonics Media’s “Spread the Enlightenment” iPad 2 Contest, go to www.photonics.com/video (the "Website") and e-mail a link to any episode of “Light Matters” to a friend or colleague and be sure to copy firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive it, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win an iPad 2!
a. Multiple entries from the same e-mail to the same recipient will only be counted once.
b. Each entry must be sent to an e-mail address owned by a person other than yourself.
c. Each entry must contain a valid link to the Light Matters weekly newscast on Photonics.com.
2. DEADLINE: ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (ET) ON Feb. 1, 2012. The database clock of the Website is the official clock for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. No incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. All entries become the exclusive property of Photonics Media ("Sponsor") and will not be returned. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the relevant entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the applicable email address used to enter.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One winner will be chosen from all entrants. Photonics Media will conduct a random drawing on or about Feb. 8, 2012. The Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by telephone, e-mail, and/or mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry.
4. PRIZE AND ODDS: THE GRAND PRIZE consists of one iPad 2 (retail value: $499.99). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem a non-monetary prize for money. Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees and all other costs associated with acceptance and use of prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is only open to individuals 18 or older as of Nov. 30, 2011, except officers, directors and employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor unless prohibited by law.
6. VERIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNER AND DELIVERY OF PRIZE: Winner may be required to sign affidavit of eligibility and liability release, and a publicity release.
Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner if attempts to make contact with the winner are unsuccessful, if affidavit/release is not returned within three (3) days after mailing to winner, if prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, if winner is found to be ineligible, or if winner cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules. Each winner agrees to Sponsor's use of her/his name, city and state, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
7. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Massachusetts. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States.
Sponsor and its affiliates are not responsible for: (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries or votes, e-mails or other communications; (b) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; or (d) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
The use of automated software or computer programs to register for this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register to enter will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes, and to hold a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action, if any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause outside of Sponsor's control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes.
In the event of any such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice of such action will be posted on the Website, if possible.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of her/his entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies if she/he tampers with the entry process or if her/his fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and warrants that she/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. In addition, each entrant by participating in this Sweepstakes, agrees on her/his behalf (and on behalf of her/his heirs, assignees, executors and administrators) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from her/his participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity or from the award, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any prize-related activity.
8. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANYONE WHO MAKES SUCH AN ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNER’S NAME: The prize winner’s name may be mentioned in an edition of Light Matters after selection and verification of the winner.
10. SPONSOR: Photonics Media, 2 South Street, Pittsfield, Mass. 01202 © 2011 Photonics Media, LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their owners.
© 2011 Photonics Media, LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their owners.