- Solarcon India 2010 to be held in Hyderabad this July
May. 17, 2010 — Friends, I'm back again after my long trips. First, I'd like to mention Solarcon India 2010, which is being organized by SEMI India, the Indian arm of SEMI (Semiconductor Equipment Materials International), US, and PV Group, a leading industry association serving the photovoltaic supply chain, on July 28–30 at the in Hyderabad International Convention Center, India.
One major interest – Photonics Media – is back again as a media sponsor at this event. It really gives me immense pleasure to be associated with this group. Hope to cover the conference and post some blogs here as well.
Back to Solarcon India 2010! The theme of the conference is: “Achieving 1000 MW of solar generation capacity by 2012 and 20,000 MW by 2022.” Where did those numbers appear from?
In case you are unaware, the historic Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JN-NSM) document was released by the government of India back in November/December 2010. Both, SEMI India and the India Semiconductor Association (ISA) are focused on working with the industry in the implementation of JN-NSM. The targets of the JN-NSM are also well known, the major one being – 20,000 MW (20 GW) of solar-generated power for the country by 2022.
The inaugural Solarcon India 2009 was a major success with 70 exhibitors and 163 booths, as well as over 600 delegates from India the rest of the world. This year promises to be bigger and better, according to Sathya Prasad, president of SEMI India.
The conference features a galaxy of speakers representing the who's who of the industry. Some of the prominent names are:
• Stan Myers, CEO, SEMI
• Dr. Ajay Mathur, Director General, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, Ministry of Power, Govt. of India
• Dr. Chandra Khattak, Chief Technologist, GT Solar
• Debashish Majumdar, CMD, IREDA
• Hari Surapaneni, CEO, Solar Semiconductor
• Dr. H. Harish Hande, CEO, SELCO
• Inderpreet Wadhwa, CEO, Azure Power
• Dr. Jurg Henz, CEO, Oerlikon Solar
• Dr. Madhusudan Atre, President, Applied Materials – India
• Ms Paula Mints, Navigant Consulting
• Dr. Peter Fath, Chief Technology Officer, Centrotherm Photovoltaics
• Dr. G. Rajeswaran, CTO, Moser Baer Photovoltaic
• Dr. Satyendra Kumar, CTO, Lanco Solar
• K. Subramanya, CEO, Tata BP Solar
There will also be a workshop on PV standards, testing and certification. Hope to see you at Solarcon India 2010!
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA