- Farnell is Now Element14, at Least Across Asia
Oct. 28, 2010 — For those unaware, Farnell has changed its name to element14. Well, at least across Asia definitely! Element14, the new global brand, was launched in the Asia-Pacific on October 25.
The group’s businesses located in Australia, China, India, Malaysia, Singapore and New Zealand will be known as element14 and will offer customers and suppliers a multichannel, multicurrency, multilanguage way to source their product needs, quickly and easily. This transformation has taken place following the launch of element14 websites in across Thailand, Taiwan and Korea in August 2010. So, well, Farnell, across Asia, is now element14!
There should be significant improvement as far as India is concerned. element14, formerly, Farnell, has introduced 0+3 day delivery to major cities in India for products stocked in its Asia warehouse. It will also provide product delivery tracking information to support shipment visibility, and a more robust tax and freight handling for India, 24/7 customer support, 24/5 technical support, and free access to element14's global e-community of experts, technical portal and online store.
Element14 is said to have also doubled its inventory in Asia Pacific.
From 25 October onward, customers can enjoy:
- access to over 140,000 genuine products in Asia, which is a part of 450,000 products from element14's global warehouses from 3,500+ leading suppliers with no minimum order quantity or value;
- same day dispatch from warehouses for in stock products. Delivered within three working days in India – the fastest delivery speed the industry can offer today; a hassle-free return policy by accepting products that do not meet customer expectations;
- Customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and extension of online technical support to 24 hours a day, 5 days a week;
- a collaborative e-community with a best-in-class e-commerce online store; online ordering in local currency.
I am reminded of the time when Asian Sources Media moved to being Global Sources. The company was always a Internet pioneer and it had a well-developed e-commerce platform much before the move. I was part of this move, having built the telecom site with my team, and assisted by Len Sangalang.
Coming back to element14, I went to the India site. LEDs have nearly 8,400 products. I also did a search for news on photonics, and to my surprise found fewer relevant items.
Element14 will need to improve the number of products, especially in India, and this will be a work in progress. Also, work on news and other related information. Otherwise, this looks to be a good move on element14's (formerly, Farnell's) part! Best of luck to element14.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA