- New Website for International School of Photonics
Dec. 9, 2010 — Have you visited the website of the International School of Photonics (ISP) lately? The Kochi (or Cochin), India-based institute, which is part of the internationally acclaimed Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), now boasts of a very sleek looking website!
That's not all! ISP now has a WAP (wireless application protocol) site as well! The WAP site of International School of Photonics enables web visitors to access some of the important information through a WAP enabled mobile phone, a PDA or a palmtop. For those interested, the ISP WAP site is www.photonics.cusat.edu/wap/isp.wml.
Web visitors have also been provided with an option to preview how the ISP website will appear on a WAP-enabled device. This can be done by using the Wapalizer. The Wapalizer simulates a WAP-phone; to navigate, web visitors need to use the buttons on the phone. Now, that's really smart work! Long gone are the days of folks proclaiming 'WAP is CRAP!'
Coming back to the International School of Photonics, the new-look ISP website also has a link to SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
CUSAT and ISP have also enabled a facility that will now allow users or web visitors from any part of the world to register participate in the web conferences organized by the ISP. That's brilliant!
Incidentally, there are a whole lot of conferences related to photonics in India coming up. Some of them are listed here for those who may be keen to participate.
1. The 12th Antennas and Propagation Symposium (APSYM 2010), December 14-16, 2010 Venue: Dept of Electronics, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Cochin, India
2. XXXV Optical Society of India Symposium on Contemporary Trends in Optics and Optoelectronics, Jan 17-19, 2011 Venue: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Thiruvananthapuram, India. This event is jointly organized by the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology and Optical Society of India. I will add a bit more on this in a subsequent post.
3. International Conference on Ion-beam Induced Nanopatterning of Materials (IINM 2011), February 6-10, 2011, Bhubaneswar, India. Venue: Institute of Physics
4. International Conference on Digital Convergence (ICDC 2011), Feb. 19-20, 2011, Hyderabad, India
The International School of Photonics II, CUSAT is also holding its erudite program this month from Dec. 20-24. C.J.R. Sheppard, professor of bioengineering, National University of Singapore, will be conducting a lecture series on all of the first four days on topics such as beam and pulse propagation, tight focusing of light, confocal and multiphoton microscopy, and three-dimensional image formation.
Wish I could be there!
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA