- Asylum Research Names Canadian Distributor
SANTA BARBARA, Calif., July 3, 2012 — As part of its ongoing expansion, Asylum Research has appointed Spectra Research Corp. of Mississauga, Ontario, as its exclusive Canadian distributor.
Spectra Research, a subsidiary of Allan Crawford Associates, has served the nanotechnology and surface science markets in Canada since 1993.
Asylum Research manufactures scanning probe and atomic force microscopy devices for materials and bioscience applications.
For more information, visit: www.asylumresearch.com
- The use of atoms, molecules and molecular-scale structures to enhance existing technology and develop new materials and devices. The goal of this technology is to manipulate atomic and molecular particles to create devices that are thousands of times smaller and faster than those of the current microtechnologies.
- The technology of generating and harnessing light and other forms of radiant energy whose quantum unit is the photon. The science includes light emission, transmission, deflection, amplification and detection by optical components and instruments, lasers and other light sources, fiber optics, electro-optical instrumentation, related hardware and electronics, and sophisticated systems. The range of applications of photonics extends from energy generation to detection to communications and...
- scanning probe microscope
- See atomic force microscope; magnetic force microscope; near-field scanning optical microscope; scanning tunneling microscope.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA