- Imagine a spectrograph that sharply focuses data at every wavelength, allows the unrestricted use of large-format detectors, and directs photons to where they are supposed to go. Imagine a multi-channel spectrograph that overcomes the limitations of traditional Czerny-Turner designs while significantly improving upon the image quality and resolution afforded by toroidal mirrors.
The spectroscopists and engineers at Princeton Instruments have not only imagined it, but built it!
We invite you to see the truly remarkable results… the Princeton Instruments IsoPlane, a next-generation, aberration-free imaging spectrograph!
The exclusive, state-of-the-art optical design elements utilized in Princeton Instruments’ IsoPlane imaging spectrograph means this revolutionary instrument provides a sharply focused image across the entire focal plane.
With the IsoPlane spectrograph more photons end up in the peak, increasing the height and effective signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), rather than in the wings, where they contribute to the background noise.
Applications for IsoPlane include:
• Multi-channel spectroscopy
• Micro-spectroscopy, including Raman spectroscopy, fluorescence & photoluminescence
• Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) and similar high-resolution techniques
• Fourier-domain spectroscopy
• Biomedical imaging
Stellar Software Support
The IsoPlane is supported by LightField™
4.2, a 64-bit data acquisition platform for spectroscopy and imaging. Light Field combines complete control over Princeton Instruments’ spectrographs and cameras with easy-to-use tools for experimental setup, data acquisition, and post-processing. Both unique and revolutionary, LightField lets researchers realize the full potential of the new IsoPlane imaging spectrograph.