- Photonics West to spotlight industrial, bio technologies and more
SPIE expects to welcome some 20,000 photonics industry professionals, from company representatives to engineers, researchers and students who will travel from around the world, to the Moscone Center in San Francisco from Feb. 1-6 for the annual Photonics West conference and trade show.
The conference will feature a wide range of papers – 4500, plus 17 plenary and hot-topic presentations – on biophotonics, translational research, industrial lasers, optoelectronics, microfabrication, optical MEMS and more.
The technical conference will comprise five major topics:
• BiOS will feature the latest in biophotonics, including biomedical optics, photonic therapeutics and diagnostics, tissue engineering, translational research, tissue optics, laser-tissue interaction, clinical technologies and systems, biomedical spectroscopy, microscopy, imaging and nanobiophotonics. The Translational Research segment will include photonic developments with high potential to affect health care in the areas of cancer, and heart and neurological diseases.
Photonics Media photo by Laura S. Marshall.
• LASE will focus on lasers and sources, with topics to include laser source engineering, nonlinear optics, semiconductor lasers and LEDs, laser applications and laser micro-/nanoengineering.
• OPTO will look at optoelectronic devices and materials: Topics will include optoelectronic materials and devices, photonic integration, displays and holography, nanotechnologies in photonics, advanced quantum and optoelectronic applications, semiconductor lasers and LEDs, and optical communications devices and systems.
• MOEMS-MEMS will include micro-/nanofabrication, devices, applications, reliability, and micro- and nanofabricated electromechanical and optical components.
• Green Photonics will examine solid-state lighting and displays, laser-assisted manufacturing and micro-/nanofabrication, communications and renewable energy generation via fusion and photovoltaics.
The event also will include 40 special events, 70 courses, and the BiOS and Photonics West exhibitions. The BiOS Expo will be held Feb. 1-2; in 2013, it sold out, with more than 220 companies. The Photonics West exhibition will run Feb. 4-6; it also sold out in 2013, with more than 1230 companies. SPIE predicts approximately 1300 companies will exhibit in 2014.
The annual ceremony for the Prism Awards for Photonics Innovation, co-sponsored with Photonics Media, will be held during the event.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA