- State Funds Photonics Projects
The Washington Technology Center has presented $396,000 in photonics project awards to seven researchers at two of the state's universities:
- Washington State University chemistry researcher Alexander D.Q. Li will work on organic electro-optic materials for polymer fiber devices.
- University of Washington chemistry researcher Martin A. Afromowitz and Human Interface Technology Laboratory researcher Eric J. Seibel will develop miniaturized optical scanners for micro-optic fabrication technologies.
- University of Washington chemistry researcher Daniel T. Chiu and materials science and engineering researcher Alex K.-Y. Jen will develop electro-optic polymer materials used in optical switching technologies.
- University of Washington chemistry researcher Younan Xia and electrical engineering researcher Scott Dunham will develop photonic bandgap structures.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA