Photonics Buyers' Guide > Pyroelectric Detectors
Excelitas Technologies Corp. - Waltham, MA
(20 companies)Pyroelectric Detectors
Unlike the thermocouple or bolometer, the pyroelectric infrared detector is a current source with an output proportional to the rate of change of its temperature. Capable of extremely rapid response and an insensitivity to DC effects, it is widely used in radiometric systems from industrial temperature measuring systems to environmental satellite instruments and in the analysis of infrared lasers.
Excelitas Technologies Corp. is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, customized solutions to meet the lighting, detection and other high-performance photonics needs of OEM customers.
In October 2013, Excelitas acquired Qioptiq, which designs and manufactures photonic...
- Acal BFi Nordic AB, Sub. of Acal plc - Uppsala, Sweden
- DIAS Infrared Corp., Sub. of DIAS Infrared GmbH - Warwick, NY
- Electro Optical Components, Inc. - Santa Rosa, CA
- Electro-Optical Systems, Inc. - Phoenixville, PA
- Eltec Instruments, Inc. - Daytona Beach, FL
- Gentec Electro-Optics, Inc. - Quebec, Canada
- Gentec-EO USA Inc., Sub. of Gentec Electro-Optics, Inc. - Lake Oswego, OR
- Heimann Sensor GmbH - Dresden, Germany
- InfraTec GmbH, Infrarotsensorik und Messtechnik - Dresden, Germany
- InfraTec Infrared LLC, Sub. of InfraTec GmbH - Plano, TX
- Laser Components (UK) Ltd. - Chelmsford, England
- Laser Components Pyro Group Inc., Sub. of Laser Components DG, Inc. - Stuart, FL
- Laser Components USA, Inc., Sub. of Laser Components GmbH - Bedford, NH
- Laser Probe, Inc. - Utica, NY
- RadiaBeam Technologies - Santa Monica, CA
- Scientech, Inc. - Boulder, CO
- Scitec Instruments Ltd. - Trowbridge, England
- SELEX ES Ltd., A Finmeccanica Co. - Southampton, England
- detector 1. A device designed to convert the energy of incident radiation into another form for the determination of the presence of the radiation. The device may function by electrical, photographic or visual means. 2. A device that provides an electric...
- pyroelectric infrared detector Unlike the thermocouple or bolometer, the pyroelectric infrared detector is a current source with an output proportional to the rate of change of its temperature. Capable of extremely rapid response and an insensitivity to DC effects, it is widely...