Photonics Buyers' Guide > The Optical Society (OSA)
The Optical Society (OSA)
Uniting 270,000 professionals from 177 countries, OSA brings the optics community together. Since 1916, OSA has advanced the common interests of the field, providing educational resources to scientists and engineers by promoting the science of light. Publications, technical groups, and programs foster optics knowledge and scientific collaboration.
Facility area (sq. ft): 20,000
Ownership type: Nonprofit
Elizabeth Rogen, CEO
Melissa Russell, Deputy Sr. Dir.
THE OPTICAL SOCIETY (OSA) PRODUCT AND SERVICE CATEGORIES
MS=Manufacture Stock | MC=Manufacture Custom | S=Supply/Distribute | D=Design | =Banner ad
INDUSTRIES SERVED BY THE OPTICAL SOCIETY (OSA)
NEWS & FEATURES
Schario Named Chief of External Relations at OSA5/7/2015 10:00:33 AM
- The Optical Society (OSA) has named Tracy Schario chief external relations officer.
SPIE, OSA Call for Community Input on Proposed ITAR Changes5/5/2015 1:43:37 PM
- The Optical Society (OSA) and SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics, are calling...
OSA Names New Chief Operating Officer1/29/2014
- Sean Bagshaw has stepped into the role of chief operating officer for The Optical Society. He will...
Duncan Named OSA Senior Science Advisor1/16/2014
- Optical scientist Michael D. Duncan has joined The Optical Society (OSA) staff as a senior science...
Stephen Harris Named Honorary Member of OSA10/23/2013
- Stephen E. Harris, professor emeritus of electrical engineering and applied physics at Stanford...
Water Stream Detects Pollution Better10/15/2013
- A microfluidic sensor with a novel design uses unconfined streams of water as a simple, cheap way...
The Optical Society (OSA)9/1/2012
- To honor professor Michael S. Feld’s fundamental contributions in the fields of laser science...
OSA, ICO Announce Donation Partnership6/1/2011
- The OSA Foundation (OSAF) announced recently a new fiscal sponsorship agreement with the...
- The Optical Society of America (OSA) will establish permanent organizational ties with the...
Photonics Spectra 3/2011