PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P.
SUB. OF PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE (PI) GMBH & CO. KG
AIR BEARINGS AND PIEZO PRECISION MOTION
16 Albert St.
Auburn, MA 01501
Phone: (508) 832-3456
Fax: (508) 832-0506
PI provides the broadest and deepest portfolio of precision motion technologies worldwide— including piezo actuators, nanopositioning stages hexapod 6-axis platforms and air-bearings. Two of our products were selected for NASA’s Mars Rover Curiosity science lab due to their excellent performance and reliability. 850+employees worldwide, US custom design and manufacturing.
Product Examples and Experience:
• Air Bearing Linear and Rotary Stages
• Piezo positioning systems (subnanometer precision)
• Hexapod 6-axis parallel-kinematic positioning systems
• Ultra-precision rotation stages
• Motorized precision linear translation stages and linear actuators
• Photonics alignment systems / automated fiber alignment
• PICMA® piezo actuators 100 billion cycles life tested
• Ultrafast beam steering mirrors / tip/tilt positioners
• Custom motion systems for beamline instrumentation
• Several types of long-travel piezo motors
• Microscope stages, short & long travel
• Miniature positioning stages
• Advanced digital motion controllers (improved linearity, trajectory control, settling).
• Precision closed-loop motion controllers
• Capacitive sensors for nanopositioning applications
• High-voltage piezo amplifiers, drivers
• 40-plus years of experience
• Expert global support
Facility area (sq. ft): 350,000
Ownership type: Privately Owned
Brian Lula, Pres.
David Rego, Sales Dir. - PI East
Stefan Vorndran, VP, Tech. Svcs./Mktg.
Phil Greene, VP, Engrg.
PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P. PRODUCT AND SERVICE CATEGORIES
MS=Manufacture Stock | MC=Manufacture Custom | S=Supply/Distribute | D=Design