PI employs more than 750 people and provides the broadest and deepest portfolio of precision motion technologies worldwide— from piezo ceramic actuators to hexapod 6-axis systems to air-bearing stages. Two of our products were selected for NASA’s Mars Rover Curiosity science lab due to their excellent performance and reliability.
Product Examples and Experience:
• Closed-loop piezo positioning systems (subnanometer precision)
• Hexapod 6-axis parallel-kinematic positioning systems
• Ultra-precision rotation stages with air bearings
• Motorized precision linear translation stages and linear actuators
• Photonics alignment systems / automated fiber alignment
• PICMA® piezo actuators 100 billion cycles life tested
• Ultrafast beam steering mirrors / tip/tilt positioners
• Custom motion systems for beamline instrumentation
• Several types of long-travel piezo motors
• Microscope stages, short & long travel
• Advanced digital motion controllers (improved linearity, trajectory control, settling).
• Precision closed-loop motion controllers
• Capacitive sensors for nanopositioning applications
• High-voltage piezo amplifiers, drivers
• 40-plus years of experience
• Expert global support
PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P. PRODUCTS
The H-845 is a new series of preconfigured high-load hexapods by PI (Physik Instrumente) LP.
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP has announced a new series of actuators based on PIMag noncontacting...
Hexapod Motion Simulator
The H-860KMAG six-axis motion simulator “shaker” hexapod by PI (Physik Instrumente) LP...
Piezo Stage Scanners
The PIHera family of piezo stage scanners by PI (Physik Instrumente) LP are suitable for...
A new series of miniaturized, piezo-driven linear positioners from Physik Instrumente (PI) enable...
Air Bearing StageMore Products >>
PI (Physik Instrumente) has announced a new line of linear, planar X-Y and rotary air bearing...
PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P. WHITE PAPERS
Resolution Enhancement of Imaging Chips with Piezo Technology
Camera systems and scanners must have high resolutions. This creates difficulties for all applications where low light intensity means neither the resolution of the chip nor the exposure time for changing or moving objects can be freely chosen. Typical applications are fluorescence microscopy, white-light interferometry (OCT in medical technology or general surface structural analysis), or surveillance cameras and cameras for aerial photography.
Reliability and Lifetime of Multilayer Piezo Actuators
Three essential factors affect the lifetime of piezo ceramics in positioning applications: Humidity, operating voltage and temperature. PICMA® multilayer piezo actuators are based on a special PZT (lead zirconate — lead titanate) ceramic, formulated to combine the desired characteristics for motion control such as high stiffness, low electrical capacity, high specific displacement, low load and temperature dependence with exceptional reliability and long lifetime.