Photonics Buyers' Guide > PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P.
PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P.
Sub. of Physik Instrumente (PI) GmbH & Co. KG
Air Bearings and Piezo Precision Motion
PI provides the broadest and deepest portfolio of precision motion technologies worldwide— including piezo actuators, nanopositioning stages hexapod 6-axis platforms and air-bearings. Two of our products were selected for NASA’s Mars Rover Curiosity science lab due to their excellent performance and reliability. 850+employees worldwide, US custom design and manufacturing.
Product Examples and Experience:
• Air Bearing Linear and Rotary Stages
• Piezo positioning systems (subnanometer precision)
• Hexapod 6-axis parallel-kinematic positioning systems
• Ultra-precision rotation stages
• Motorized precision linear translation stages and linear actuators
• Photonics alignment systems / automated fiber alignment
• PICMA® piezo actuators 100 billion cycles life tested
• Ultrafast beam steering mirrors / tip/tilt positioners
• Custom motion systems for beamline instrumentation
• Several types of long-travel piezo motors
• Microscope stages, short & long travel
• Miniature positioning stages
• Advanced digital motion controllers (improved linearity, trajectory control, settling).
• Precision closed-loop motion controllers
• Capacitive sensors for nanopositioning applications
• High-voltage piezo amplifiers, drivers
• 40-plus years of experience
• Expert global support
Facility area (sq. ft): 350,000
Ownership type: Privately Owned
Brian Lula, Pres.
Jim Gareau, VP Sales
Stefan Vorndran, VP Mktg.
Phil Greene, VP Engrg.
PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P. PRODUCTS
Optical Alignment System
The FMPA (Fast Multichannel Photonics Alignment) Engine from PI (Physik Instrumente) LP is designed...
Six-Axis Piezo Hexapod
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP has announced the P-915KWEF six-axis piezo hexapod for dynamic active...
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP has announced the Q-632 piezo inertia drive rotary stage with a 30-mm...
Linear Stepper Stage
The L-511 linear stage series from PI (Physik Instrumente) LP offers incremental motions as small...
Piezo Steering MirrorsMore Products >>
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP has announced the S-331 fast tip/tilt platform, a line of piezo steering...
PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P. PRODUCT AND SERVICE CATEGORIES
MS=Manufacture Stock | MC=Manufacture Custom | S=Supply/Distribute | D=Design | =Banner ad
INDUSTRIES SERVED BY PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P.
PI (PHYSIK INSTRUMENTE) L.P. WHITE PAPERS
Resolution Enhancement of Imaging Chips with Piezo Technology
Camera systems and scanners must have high resolutions. This creates difficulties for all applications where low light intensity means neither the resolution of the chip nor the exposure time for changing or moving objects can be freely chosen. Typical applications are fluorescence microscopy, white-light interferometry (OCT in medical technology or general surface structural analysis), or surveillance cameras and cameras for aerial photography.
Reliability and Lifetime of Multilayer Piezo Actuators
Three essential factors affect the lifetime of piezo ceramics in positioning applications: Humidity, operating voltage and temperature. PICMA® multilayer piezo actuators are based on a special PZT (lead zirconate — lead titanate) ceramic, formulated to combine the desired characteristics for motion control such as high stiffness, low electrical capacity, high specific displacement, low load and temperature dependence with exceptional reliability and long lifetime.
NEWS & FEATURES
Jess Sargent Named Sales Engineer at Physik Instrumente1/11/2016 11:04:59 AM
- PI (Physik Instrumente) LP has chosen Jess Sargent as its western region field sales engineer for...
Physik Instrumente Expands to Silicon Valley7/29/2015 12:41:24 PM
- PI (Physik Instrumente) LP has expanded its reach to Silicon Valley.
The company, a...
PI Names Matt Reck Product Line Manager for Air-Bearing Positioning Stages4/27/2015 12:34:24 PM
- Matt Reck has been named product line manager for air-bearing precision positioning stages at PI...
PI Names Culpi Engineering Chief of PI miCos Products4/9/2013
- PI (Physik Instrumente) USA has extended support for the PI miCos precision positioning product...
PI USA Acquires miCos GmbH Product Distribution for American Market5/25/2012
- In its next step to acquire miCos GmbH, PI (Physik Instrumente) LP announced that, effective June...
Piezoelectric Actuation Adds Capabilities for Microscopy2/1/2012
- Microscopy is a broad field – and it is getting broader every week, as novel imaging...
PI Opens Singapore Office9/29/2011
- Precision positioning systems manufacturer Physik Instrumente (PI) LP announced its expansion into...
- air bearing
- piezo actuator
- stepper motor
- Linear Motor
- positioning stage
- nano technology
- piezo ceramics
- hexapod system
- linear stage
- linear motor
- rotation stage
- photonics alignment
- fast focus