Full company details
CANON U.S.A. INC.
SUB. OF CANON INC.
INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS DIV.
3300 North First St.
San Jose, CA 95134
Phone: (408) 468-2000
Fax: (408) 468-2309
Photonics Buyers' Guide
- Optical Digital Laser Rotary Encoder
Canon R-1 series Laser Rotary Encoders offer high performance (high resolution, accuracy, and precision) in a very compact 36mm diameter body. All models utilize semiconductor laser diode, high precision grating disk, and diffraction and interference position sensing methodology.
Rotary Encoders Feature:
• Using diffraction and interference with high precision grating disk, Canon laser rotary encoders minimize the product size and offer very high density pulse making features.
• The new reflection optical system eliminates measurement error caused by temperature change which affects the wavelength stability of a semiconductor laser.
• Two laser beams are irradiated simultaneously onto two locations which are symmetrical with respect to the rotational center of the grating disk. This configuration compensates for the eccentricity of the disk, which often causes measurement error.
• Based on the interference principle, light intensities at the end of optical paths are modulated sinusoidally with rotation of the grating disk changing them into electrical signal.
• Robotic engineering
• Sensor for NC machine
• Stage position control
• Direct motor control
• Angle sensor for measuring instruments