ThermaCAM E65 Infrared Camera
Oct 2004FLIR SystemsRequest Info
Automates Image Capture, Analysis and ArchivingNORTH BILLERICA, Mass., Oct. 29 -- Even novice thermographers will be able to get started faster and work more efficiently using the ThermaCAM E65 infrared (IR) camera, says its manufacturer, Flir Systems.
"The E65 is an ideal first camera for companies just starting out in thermography or a good choice for companies who might already own a full-feature camera -- like our new ThermaCAM P65 -- and who wish to expand their infrared inspection programs by equipping more operators with an infrared camera," according to Tom Scanlon, vice president of Flir Americas Thermography Products.
"It automates operator interaction with the camera, allowing the user more time for infrared inspection and less time worrying about how to operate the camera, accelerating return on investment dramatically."
The E65 comes with ThermaCAM QuickView software, enabling the creation of basic IR inspection reports and seamless downloading of thermal images to a PC. The E65 is also configured to use a wide range of additional and optional software to help the end-user expand its capabilities. ThermaCAM Reporter reporting and analysis software automates the task of generating custom reports to simple drag-and-drop. ThermaCAM Database software enables quick and easy trending, archiving and organization of inspection data and reports. ThermaCAM Image Builder software knits multiple IR images together to create a single radiometric composite.
At 1.5 pounds, The E65 is the lightest full-featured IR camera on the market today, the company says. Features include:
For more information, contact John Keane, director of sales, at 978-901-8348, or visit: www.flirthermography.com; e-mail: email@example.com
- High-performance uncooled detector. Flir's patented, solid-state fourth-generation microbolometer detector delivers the most accurate temperature measurement in the industry, at +/-2% (or +/-2°C) of reading.
- Visible and audible temperature alarms. The E65's exclusive visible and audible temperature alarm helps ensure that operators will never miss a high-temperature threshold condition.
- Thumbnail IR image gallery. A new thumbnail infrared image gallery allows the end-user to view all images all at once, instead of one at a time, saving hours of time and frustration.Combined with up to 200 JPEG on-camera storage and an ability to pre-program text comments, this is a significant advance for in-the-field productivity. Thermal images can be viewed at standard TV rates.
- In-field temperature measurement features. The E65 offers three movable spot temperatures and an area mode for quick, easy data collection in the field, a critical feature for most applications.
- Ambient temperature compensation. The E65, which operates from -15°C to +45°C (5°F to 113°F), provides exclusive ambient temperature compensation (ATC), so it will measure temperatures accurately even at extreme ambient temperatures.
- Interchangeable optics. In addition to its standard 17-mm lens, a 36-mm telescope and 9-mm and 4.5-mm wide-angle lenses are available for the E65, expanding its application potential to include scanning distant targets and wide areas.
- Improved worker safety. The E65 incorporates a built-in laser beam that projects a bright red dot on the exact location of a hot spot. Laser LocatIR greatly enhances worker safety by eliminating the tendency to "finger point" at problems in high voltage and other hazardous environments.
- Rugged packaging. The E65 is suited for use in harsh environments; it is moisture, dust and soot resistant and is manufactured with an industrial shock rating.
Flir Systems Boston
Americas Thermography Center
25 Esquire Rd.
North Billerica, MA 01862
Phone: (978) 901-8000; toll-free: (800) 464-6372
Fax: (978) 901-8532