High-Speed 8k Linear CCD Sensor
Jan 2007SRI International, Products/Services & Physical Sciences Divs.Request Info
For Industrial Inspection ApplicationsPRINCETON, N.J., Jan. 9, 2007 -- Sarnoff Imaging Systems, the solid-state image sensor and camera business unit of Sarnoff Corp., announced the release of its 8k linear CCD sensors, targeted for use in high-speed inspection applications such as printed circuit boards and print webs.
Unlike other 8k linear sensors on the market, Sarnoff said its high-performance line-scan products are available for stand-alone sensor-level purchase, enabling companies to build cameras customized for their specific needs. Sarnoff also plans to offer camera modules for businesses not requiring a custom-built camera, the company said.
"By making the sensor products available, companies now have a low-cost option to optimize their defect inspection process. These sensors have high sensitivity in both the visible band and in the deep UV (ultraviolet) range, making them attractive for semiconductor inspection and metrology markets," said Steven Perna, general manager of Sarnoff Imaging Systems.
Sarnoff's 8k linear sensors feature:
Sarnoff Imaging Systems will exhibit its 8k linear sensors at Photonics West 2007 in San Jose, Calif., Jan. 23-25, at Booth 245. For more information, visit: www.sarnoffimaging.com; e-mail: email@example.com
- Eight output ports, each running at speeds up to 19 MHz
- Front-illuminated CCD sensor with 7x7 µm square pixels
- 17 KHz line rate
- High sensitivity from deep UV (193 and 248 nm) to visible band (400-700 nm)
- A dynamic range of over 1500:1 for more measurement range in each field of vision
- Antiblooming capability to drain excess charge from very intense illumination spots for full image clarity
Sarnoff Imaging Systems
201 Washington Rd.
Princeton, NJ 08543-5300
Phone: (609) 734-2553
Fax: (609) 734-2040