Feb 2007Thermo Scientific, Portable Analytical InstrumentsRequest Info
FlexProbe is a fiber-optic extension for First Defender systems. First Defender, Ahura’s lightweight, rugged handheld instrument for field-based chemical identification, is now available with FlexProbe, an optional one-meter fiber-optic extension probe.
FlexProbe easily attaches to the laser aperture of First Defender, ensuring the same accuracy and repeatability of results, with the added flexibility of a 1-m armored umbilical cable for hard-to-reach places. FlexProbe operates in standard point-and-shoot mode making it ideal for evidence collection and clandestine lab cleanup. FlexProbe is a precision optical instrument ruggedized for reliable operation in demanding outdoor environments. Designed with accuracy in mind, FlexProbe utilizes advanced optical technology to deliver reliable results every time. This sophisticated optical assembly uses state-of-the-art micro-optics, thin-film filters, and specially coated housings to provide high signal-to-background measurements with long-term measurement stability.
- Accurate measurements in hard-to reach locations
- Insertion into drums, pails and waste containers
- In situ analysis of chemicals for evidence collection
- Precision scanning of heterogeneous mixtures
- Enables First Defender functionality in hard-to-reach places
- Easy to attach, remove and decontaminate
- Plug-and-Play; no need to change settings for FlexProbe sampling
- Accurate, repeatable results in all environments
- Point-and-shoot identification through translucent containers
- 24/7 technical support