20W Fiber-Coupled Laser Diodes
Jan 2008IPG Photonics CorporationRequest Info
OXFORD, Mass., January 18, 2007 -- IPG Photonics said it has entered the merchant diode business with its PLD series 20-W packaged laser diodes for OEM markets such as printing, medical, dental, industrial and laser pumping, telecommunications and defense.
"We have developed and manufactured the world’s finest diodes for use in our line of industrial fiber lasers,” said Bill Shiner, IPG’s Vice President-Industrial Markets. “Now we are offering this same technology to OEMs for their applications. With higher powers available, our PLD series provides OEMs an alternative to low-power single emitters and inefficient diode bars with short life cycles.”
- Highest power available in a compact package (up to 20 W or more)
- Highest brightness from a 100-(µm fiber at 0.11 numerical aperture (NA), the lowest in the industry
- Superior electrical efficiency with 60 percent or greater in-fiber power efficiency from electrical to optical
- Expanded wavelengths at 9XX nm, allowing customers to select the optimal wavelength
- Smallest and most efficient package, accommodating smaller devices or higher output devices because they take up less space
- High reliability from telecom-grade single emitters that are put through the industry’s most rigorous test program
- Short delivery time
IPG's CEO, Valentin P. Gapontsev, PhD, said, “With our three new multiwafer MBE reactors put into production last year, expanded test station capacity up to 60,000 channels and higher yields, this is the ideal time to introduce the many advantages of IPG’s unique and cost-effective diode lasers into the market.”
The company will display its laser diodes at the Photonics West 2008 exhibition (Booth 1119), Jan. 22-24 at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, Calif.
For more information, visit: www.ipgphotonics.com