- Reflective Optical Encoders
Jul 2014Broadcom Ltd.
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 28, 2014 — With an encoding resolution of up to 318 lines per inch, the AEDR-87 series of reflective optical encoders from Avago Technologies is packaged in a small form factor for a three-channel device.
The encoders support 3.3-V and 5-V supply voltage for low-power applications. Dual analog/digital outputs interface directly with an external interpolator for high-precision motion control measurements.
The devices can be used in low-power miniaturized motion control systems such as stepper motors, electrical actuators, piezoelectric drives and portable medical appliances.
- A physical variable that is proportionally similar to another variable over a specified range. An analog recording contains data that is similar to the source.
- Denoting the use of binary notation; i.e., the representation of data by bits (1 or 0).
- The hardware for reading (and writing in devices so equipped) an optical mass data storage disk.
- Pertaining to optics and the phenomena of light.
- 1. In optics, the ability of a lens system to reproduce the points, lines and surfaces in an object as separate entities in the image. 2. The minimum adjustment increment effectively achievable by a positioning mechanism. 3. In image processing, the accuracy with which brightness, spatial parameters and frame rate are divided into discrete levels.
- A combination of components arranged so as to perform at least one function.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA