BEIJING, July 8 -- The 6th China Beijing International High-Tech Expo will be held Sept. 12-15, according to a June 27 article in the People's Daily Online.
Quoting a spokesman for the expo, the article said the new date was set after the World Health Organization's (WHO) decision last month to remove Beijing from its list of areas infected by the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and to lift its travel advisory for the city.
The expo was originally scheduled for May 23-28, but was postponed due to SARS. The expo will be Beijing's first post-SARS large-scale international event for trade and for scientific and technological exchanges. Preparations are underway, said the spokesman.
The expo is jointly sponsored by the Ministries of Science and Technology, Commerce, Education and Information Industry, along with the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), the State Intellectual Property Office and the Municipal People's Government of Beijing.
For more information, visit: english.peopledaily.com.cn