Biophotonics International magazine presents the latest global developments and techniques in the photonics industry to those in the medical and biotechnology fields. For more information, or to request a copy of the latest issue, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To subscribe to Biophotonics International go to the subscription area .
JUNE 2004 | CONTENTS
Colorful Fluorescence Stands Out in Black and White
by Brian Matsumoto and Ken Linberg, University of California, Santa Barbara, and
Richard Crandall, Optronics
It would seem that a color digital camera would be the best choice for multicolor analysis, but a black-and-white camera can actually offer higher spatial resolution.
Positioning Issues for Inverted Microscopes
by Dave Denu, Ludl Electronic Products Ltd.
Control Technology Helps Reduce Errors
by Scott Jordan, PI (Physik Instrumente) USA
Stage Positioning Provides High-Speed Precision for 3-D Images
by Dr. William O'Brien, Mad City Labs Inc.
Positioning Offers Imaging Options
by James Hunt, Prior Scientific Inc.
Femtosecond Laser Pulses in Biology:
From Microscopy to Ablation and Micromanipulation
by Marco Arrigoni, Coherent Inc.
Until recently, biological applications for ultrafast laser pulses were confined to sample interrogation, but now the lasers also are being used for sample manipulation.
- Mirror, mirror, on the chip
- Photonic nanojets break the diffraction limit
- Low-cost frequency-domain fluorescence lifetime microscopy
- UV resonance Raman spectroscopy discriminates between bacteria species
- Bridging the resolution gap
- Dark-field illumination sheds light on chemotaxis
by Karen E. Greb
Reconstructing Tyrannosaurus rex
As We Go To Press
- Multiphoton polymerization resin displays biocompatibility
- CT may aid cancer treatment
- UV radiation helps arrest culprits in graft-vs.-host disease
- Cuvette-free spectrophotometer measures very small samples
- Piezo technique improves survival rates in nuclear transfer
- Spaceborne rain gauge monitors drought effects
- Force microscopy images interactions of optically trapped particles
- Investigating ambient light for color signal evolution
- NIST develops scale for fluorescence measurement
- OCT compares favorably with clinical diagnosis of diabetic macular edema
- Reading time is longer for digital mammograms than for film
- Alternative to PCR detects anthrax with high sensitivity
- Real-time video of cells uncovers unusual mitochondrial changes
- Eye surgery outcome affected by environment
From the Clinic
Courses & Shows
New to the Market