AUBURN, Mass., March 25 -- A catalog of piezo ceramic actuators and custom subassemblies is available from PI's piezo ceramic division, PI Ceramic. It features a wide variety of precision actuators and components with hundreds of standard and custom models.
The 50-page catalog is an essential reference book on the fundamentals of piezo actuators and their applications in today's high-tech fields, from semiconductor technologies to aerospace engineering.
In addition to product specifications and drawings, it includes a tutorial on the basics of piezo actuators and how to get most out of this technology.
The following products groups are featured:
Piezo actuators provide motion with subnanometer precision and submillisecond response. They are mainly used in the following industries:
- Low-voltage PICMA ceramic insulated multilayer actuators
- PICMA chip mini-actuators
- Multi-axis shear actuators
- High-force stack actuators: forces to 100,000 N (~10 tons)
- Multilayer bender actuators
- High-force tubular stack actuators
- Scanner tube actuators
- Semiconductor test & metrology
- Data storage
- Photonics alignment and packaging
- Medical analytical equipment
- Biotechnology, life sciences, microdispensing applications
- Optics, lasers, interferometry
- Scanning microscopy
- Precision machining