A Message from the Publisher
If you're a regular visitor, I'm sure you have noticed, in addition to the redesign, that we have made the site even more useful and simpler to navigate. If you are a new visitor, I think you'll want to return often to access the most comprehensive photonics industry resources available anywhere.
The new home page allows quick access to an expanded photonics news section, and an inclusive site map lets you easily find what you're looking for - 200 percent faster, thanks to an improved search engine.
The new Photonics.com also offers free signup for personal accounts that will let you easily manage your information by saving commonly visited pages, or by subscribing to the Photonics.com weekly newsletter. Convenient "related searches" now appear on each page, along with "most e-mailed" and "most saved" article lists.
Photonics.com still offers the regular features that have made it the world's foremost photonics Web site, including:
- Daily photonics industry and technology news and features; business news including mergers and acquisitions, staff changes and plant relocations; and new product announcements.
- Previews and coverage of upcoming industry events and the most complete photonics-related events calendar available.
- A community forum where you can discuss or ask questions about any issues involving the photonics industry.
- Access to articles in Photonics Spectra and the Photonics Handbook, with convenient print and e-mail forward options.
- Online access to our Buyers' Guide and Corporate Guide - a comprehensive list of photonics manufacturers and service providers that includes 4300 companies in 2200 product categories.
- The Photonics Dictionary, an annually updated reference with more than 6000 photonics terms and abbreviations.
I think you will be as pleased with the new Photonics.com as I am. I encourage you to take a few minutes to explore its new features, and I welcome your feedback.
Thomas F. Laurin
Executive Vice President/Group Publisher