ACP 2009 Kicks Off in Shanghai
Nov. 3, 2009 — Fairly recently, I had mentioned about Photonics Korea. Now, yet another photonics show – the ACP 2009 (Asia Communications and Photonics Conference and Exhibition) – is all set to roll out, starting today, in Shanghai, China.
To be held at the Everbright Convention & Exhibition Center, in Shanghai, China, the conference runs from Nov. 2-6, 2009, the exposition runs from Nov. 4-6, 2009.
The Asia Optical Fiber Communication & Optoelectronic Exposition & Conference (AOE) and Asia-Pacific Optical Communications (APOC) have merged their conferences and tradeshow under a new name: Asia Communications and Photonics Conference and Exhibition (ACP).
Some of the topics that are part of the plenary include:
* The Current State of Basic Research, High-Tech Development and Industrialization in China, Jianlin Cao, Vice Minister, Ministry of Science and Technology, China.
* Worldwide Emerging Optical Trends and Market, Eric Musser; CEO, Corning Greater China.
* Status, Development and Prospect of Optical Networks in China, Leping Wei, Former Chief Technology Officer and the chairman of the Science and Technology Advisory Committee of China Telecom. Corp.
* Biophotonics: The Impact of Photonics on Life Sciences, Brian Wilson, University of Toronto.
This show has following main exhibit categories:
1. Optical Fibers and Fiber Devices
2. Optoelectronic Devices and Materials
3. Components and Sub-Systems
4. Optical Transport Networking Solutions
5. System, Network Design, and Integration Tools
6. Optical Communications Equipment
7. Optical sensors and biophotonics
8. Displays, solid-state lighting, and optoelectronics in energy
9. Lasers and accessories
The ACP technical conference features a full suite of plenary talks, invited talks, contributed talks, short courses and posters on:
* Passive Components and Fiber-Based Devices.
* Optoelectronic Materials and Devices.
* Optical Transmission Systems, Switching and Subsystems.
* Network Architectures, Management and Applications.
* Optical Sensors and Biophotonics.
* Display, Solid-State Lighting, Photovoltaics and Optoelectronics in Energy
An Industry Forum on Green Photonics and Communications will also be held during this show.
4 Nov.: Session 1. Communications for a Green Environment
5 Nov.: Session 2. Photonics for Green Energy-Photovoltaics
5 Nov.: Session 3. Photonics for Green Energy-LED Lighting
I have already contacted the organizers and hope to bring you some more information soon.
Nov. 3, 2009
- A sub-field of photonics that pertains to an electronic device that responds to optical power, emits or modifies optical radiation, or utilizes optical radiation for its internal operation. Any device that functions as an electrical-to-optical or optical-to-electrical transducer. Electro-optic often is used erroneously as a synonym.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA