Invest in Photonics Announces Speakers
BORDEAUX, France, Feb. 4, 2010 – Invest in Photonics, a two-day international partnering convention that brings together leaders in the photonics industry to meet with emerging photonics companies seeking financial support, announced its line-up of international speakers.
Dr. Thomas Baer, executive director of Stanford Photonics Research Center, will give the keynote address at Invest in Photonics, which will be held March 18 and 19, 2010.
“We are delighted to have Dr. Thomas Baer as a keynote speaker for Invest in Photonics 2010,” said Bernard Couillaud, chairman of the Invest in Photonics organizing committee. “His extensive contribution to photonics through his involvement with Stanford University and various industries in Silicon Valley has given him a perspective that few people have: the understanding of every stage in the creation and growth of new photonics technologies.”
International speakers at Invest in Photonics 2010 include:
• Andrès Pieczanski, Jefferies International (UK)
• Michael Lebby, OIDA (US)
• Harry Verhaar, Philips Lighting (NL)
• Toby Ferenczi, GE Global Research Europe (DE)
• Jean-François Coutris, Optronics & Defense Division, Sagem DS (FR)
• Patrick Klein, European Commission (BE)
• Gerlas van den Hoven, Genexis (NL)
• William Shiner, IPG Photonics (US)
The panel discussions will be moderated by William Magill, managing director, Telesoft Partners (US). Panelists will include, AGF Private Equity (FR), Wheb Ventures (DE), Aloe Private Equity (FR) and Adams Capital Management (US).
For more information, visit: www.invest-in-photonics.com
- The technology of generating and harnessing light and other forms of radiant energy whose quantum unit is the photon. The science includes light emission, transmission, deflection, amplification and detection by optical components and instruments, lasers and other light sources, fiber optics, electro-optical instrumentation, related hardware and electronics, and sophisticated systems. The range of applications of photonics extends from energy generation to detection to communications and...
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA