OPIC, OPIE advance photonics in Japan
Optics and Photonics International Congress 2016 (OPIC2016) — including the Optics and Photonics International Exhibition 2016 (OPIE2016) — brings together academia and industry to discuss light and light-based technologies as global solutions for sustainable development across the world.
The Congress and Exhibition, launched in 2012, will be held May 17-20 at the Pacifico Yokohama convention center in Yokohama, Japan.
Photo courtesy of The Optronics Co. Ltd.
While the International Year of Light 2015 (IYL) has come to an end, OPIC will continue to support the ideals highlighted during the yearlong initiative in which light and laser technology have become major core components within the scientific industry, and express the importance of light and light-based technologies through 2016 and beyond.
A plenary session opens OPIC2016, followed by 11 international specialized conferences throughout the week. Those planned include:
• The 5th Advanced Lasers and Photon Sources (ALPS’16), sponsored by the Laser Society of Japan.
• Biomedical Imaging and Sensing Conference 2016 (BISC’16), sponsored by Utsunomiya University Center for Optical Research and Education in Japan.
• The Conference on Laser Energy Science (CLES2016), sponsored by Osaka University’s Institute of Laser Engineering in Japan.
• International Conference on High Energy Density Science 2016 (HEDS2016), sponsored by the Laser Society of Japan.
• The 4th International Conference on Light-Emitting Devices and their Industrial Applications (LEDIA’16), sponsored by Akasaki Research Center (ARC) at Nagoya University in Japan.
• The 4th Laser Ignition Conference 2016 (LIC’16), sponsored by the Micro Solid-State Photonics Group of the Laser Society of Japan.
• Laser Solution for Space and the Earth Conference (LSSE2016), sponsored by the conference’s executive committee.v
• The 3rd Optical Manipulation Conference 2016 (OMC’16), sponsored by the Japan Society of Applied Physics.
• The 5th Pacific-Rim Laser Damage Conference (PLD’16), co-sponsored by Osaka University’s Institute of Laser Engineering in Japan, SPIE and SIOM Chinese Academy of Science.
• The 2nd Smart Laser Processing Conference (SLPC2016), sponsored by the Japan Society of Applied Physics.
• The International Conference on X-ray Optics, Detectors, Sources and Applications 2016 (XOPT’16), co-sponsored by Riken SPring-8 Center, and the Research Center for Ultra-Precision Science and Technology at Osaka University in Japan.
OPIE2016 will be held May 18-20, during the OPIC event. OPIE2016 will feature seven expos — Laser Expo, Lens Expo, IR+UV Expo, Optical Measurement and Positioning Expo, Medical and Imaging Expo, Space and Astronomical Optics Expo, and Micro and Nano Expo.
Learn more about OPIC2016 at www.opicon.jp.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA