Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Vision Spectra Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News

Corning Buys Unit of Pirelli

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Comments
CORNING, N.Y., Dec. 14 -- Corning Inc. bought 90 percent of Pirelli SpA's optical components and devices business, based in Milan, Italy, for $3.6 billion in cash. The remaining 10 percent of the company was acquired from Cisco Systems Inc. for about 5.5 million shares of Corning common stock.
The purchase is part of Corning's $10 billion effort to expand the optical equipment side of its fiber optics business, the company said. Corning will operate the optical components and devices business out of Milan, which will increase the company's market presence and labor force in Europe.
Dec 2000
News & Features

back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2019 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x We deliver – right to your inbox. Subscribe FREE to our newsletters.
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.