Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Marketplace Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Vision Spectra Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook

Lumileds Goes Independent

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 21, 2017 — Lighting solutions provider Lumileds has become an independent company.

As announced in December 2016, Apollo Global Management LLC and technology company Royal Philips NV agreed to a transaction where Philips would sell 80.1 percent interest in Lumileds to certain funds managed by Apollo and retain the remaining 19.9 percent interest. Apollo is a global alternative investment manager.

“We are fortunate to have Apollo and Philips’ support as Lumileds embarks upon our next chapter as an innovator of high-performance LEDs and a leader in advanced lighting solutions,” said Mark Adams, CEO of Lumileds.

Lumileds develops, manufactures and distributes groundbreaking LED technology and advanced lighting products, employing over 9000 people with operations in more than 32 countries.

“Lumileds has over 100 years of innovation as a pioneer in the lighting industry,” said Robert Seminara, senior partner at Apollo. “We look forward to working with the Lumileds team in support of what we believe will be a very successful future.”
Jul 2017
Businesslight sourcesmergers & acquisitionsLumiledsApollo Global ManagementRoyal PhilipsAmericas

view all
Search more than 4000 manufacturers and suppliers of photonics products and services worldwide:

back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2022 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA, [email protected]

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x We deliver – right to your inbox. Subscribe FREE to our newsletters.
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.