Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics EDU Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Industrial Photonics Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News
Email Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Comments

Rofin-Sinar Acquires 90% of Optoskand AB
Mar 2004
PLYMOUTH, Mich. & HAMBURG, Germany, March 4 -- Rofin-Sinar Laser GmbH, an affiliate company of Rofin-Sinar Technologies Inc. (RSTI), a manufacturer of high-performance laser beam sources and laser-based solutions, announced it has acquired 90 percent of the common stock of Optoskand AB, Gothenburg, in a cash transaction. The remaining 10 percent of the common stock of Optoskand AB is still held by Permanova Holding AB. Further terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.

Optoskand AB is a Sweden-based manufacturer of high-power, fiber optic beam delivery systems and components. The company was founded in 2002 following a spin-off from Permanova Lasersystem AB. With 25 employees and annual sales of approximately $3 million, the company makes fiber optic systems for solid-state lasers based on its proprietary design. The fiber optic systems are used as beam deliveries for various applications in laser materials processing, predominantly cutting, welding and marking.

Peter Wirth, CEO and President of RSTI, said, "Optoskand will continue to operate as a stand-alone company and will also continue to provide their products to other laser manufacturers. We believe that the use of solid-state lasers in combination with fiber optics will increase in the future, providing us with the opportunity to broaden our existing markets."

For more information, visit:

fiber optic beamindustrialNews & FeaturesOptoskandRofin-Sinarsolid-state lasers

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy About Us Contact Us
back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2019 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x We deliver – right to your inbox. Subscribe FREE to our newsletters.
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.