Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Marketplace Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Vision Spectra Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook

Rofin-Sinar Acquires m2k-laser

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Comments
Rofin-Sinar Laser GmbH of Hamburg, Germany, an affiliate of Rofin-Sinar Technologies Inc. of Plymouth, Mich., has purchased 80 percent of the common stock of m2k-laser GmbH of Freiburg, Germany, in a cash transaction. The remaining 20 percent is held by two of the founders of m2k-laser and by Fraunhofer Gesellschaft of Munich. The acquired company — a manufacturer of tapered diode lasers, tapered amplifiers and semiconductor laser products for scientific and medical applications — will continue to operate independently.

Photonics Spectra
Apr 2007
The technology of generating and harnessing light and other forms of radiant energy whose quantum unit is the photon. The science includes light emission, transmission, deflection, amplification and detection by optical components and instruments, lasers and other light sources, fiber optics, electro-optical instrumentation, related hardware and electronics, and sophisticated systems. The range of applications of photonics extends from energy generation to detection to communications and...
BiophotonicsBusinessEmploymentlight speedphotonicsRofin-Sinar Laser GmbHtapered amplifierstapered diode lasers

back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2020 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA, [email protected]

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x Subscribe to Photonics Spectra magazine - FREE!
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.