Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics EDU Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Industrial Photonics Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News
Email Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Comments

Shipments of Photonic Components on the Rise

Photonics Spectra
Mar 1998
Increased demand for personal computers and the growth of the Internet are two factors accounting for worldwide shipments of photonic components that exceeded $7.1 billion in 1997, an increase of 10 percent from the previous year.
Market watchdog Strategies Unlimited, based in Mountain View, Calif., released the data as part of its survey of the top 50 photonic component suppliers. The survey includes shipments of light-emitting diodes, optocouplers, laser diodes, detectors, datacom and telecom modules, and image sensors.
The survey also found that the top 10 companies generated nearly 60 percent of total worldwide revenues. The top 15 companies generated 75 percent of the revenues, with the remaining 35 companies garnering most of the remaining 25 percent.

BusinessCommunicationslight speedSensors & Detectors

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy About Us Contact Us
back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2019 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x Subscribe to Photonics Spectra magazine - FREE!
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.