Nov 2005Promet Optics Inc.Request Info
For End-Face InspectionSHOREVIEW, Minn., Nov. 2 -- FiBO, a true phase-shifting Michelson interferometer for noncontact fiber optic connector end-face geometry testing, combines 3-D surface mapping and 2-D visual inspection capabilities in a compact, portable and sturdy design, according to its manufacturer, Promet International.
The diffraction-limited optical design delivers high-contrast images and accurate readings. With its unique kinematic, pre-aligned, fiber connector adapter system, FiBO guarantees exact fiber positioning and eliminates tedious adjustments when switching between connectors. Standard mounts immediately available are: ST, FC/PC, FC/APC, SC/PC, SC/APC, LC/PC and LC/APC connector types. Different mounts can be provided for other connectors and custom angles.
- small form factor (6.5" x 2.5") and lightweight (less than 2 lbs.)
- accurate and precise measurements in seconds
- automatic 3-D measurements of radius, fiber height, apex offset and roughness and 2-D visual inspection scratch-and-dig analysis
- quick-change, pre-aligned adapters eliminate the need to adjust or recalibrate when switching connectors
- convenient USB 2.0 interface (no additional power supply required)
- patent-pending, vibration-insensitive, optomechanical design
- fixed focal length 10x optical magnifier ensures maximum system stability and reliable repeatability
- system includes calibration targets for 2-D, 3-D, phase shift and apex offset with optional traceability
The USB 2.0 interface fully controls FiBO, including its motorized auto focus, and transfers uncompressed video up to 30 f/s. This enables laptop or desktop computer interface without an external additional interface board or
Advanced, user-friendly FiBO Code software controls all hardware functions, performs all measurements, generates reports and saves resulting data in a flexible Access database format that can easily be imported into Excel. FiBO is also supported by Durango software for advanced interferometric measurements and specialized applications.
FiBO is a handheld-device, benchtop unit and polishing machine companion (custom interface hardware required) that complies with international standards measurement requirements.
Promet International Inc.
4611 Chatsworth St.
Shoreview, Minn. 55126
Phone: (651) 481-9661
Fax: (651) 481-9565