C9016-2x Series High-speed Gated Image Intensifier Unit
Aug 2006Hamamatsu CorporationRequest Info
Hamamatsu’s C9016-2x series image intensifier units can play a key role in imaging ultrafast or low-light phenomena by boosting the level of light available to a connected CCD camera. The units include an image intensifier (with GaAsP photocathode or multialkali photocathode), a high-speed gating circuit for electronic shutter operation, a remote control, USB cable and control software.
Four models are available. Each can be optically connected to various types of CCD cameras with either fiber coupling or a relay lens. Applications include time-resolved fluorescence imaging of dyed cells or tissue and analysis of high-speed phenomena, such as engine combustion.
- High-speed gating: 20 ns (min.)
- High quantum efficiency: 50 percent (GaAsP photocathode)
- Wide spectral response: 185 to 900 nm (multialkali photocathode)
- High radiant emittance gain
- High resolution: typically 32 to 57 lines per mm
- Effective diameter: 17 mm or 17.5 mm
- Output window: fiber optic plate
- Built-in protective circuit to prevent damage from excessive light