E-536 AFM Scanner Controller
Mar 2007PI (Physik Instrumente) L.P., Air Bearings and Piezo Precision MotionRequest Info
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP, a leading manufacturer of nanopositioning and piezo-based precision motion-control equipment for bio- and nanotechnology, photonics and semiconductor applications, introduces a new ultrahigh-resolution positioning and scanning system.
The minute P-363 PicoCube, together with its ultralow noise E-536 driver/controller, provides significantly higher resolution and positional stability than previous multiaxis scanning stages.
Features and Advantages:
The new ultralow-noise E-536 closed-loop controller provides unprecedented positional stability and can be controlled with analog or digital signals. Extensive software support including LabView drivers is provided.
- High-speed XYZ scanner for AFM/SPM (atomic force microscopy/scanning probe microscopy) and manipulation tool for nanotechnology
- Custom, high-stiffness shear piezo drives provide up to 10 kHz resonant frequency for faster response and higher scanning performance
- Ultralow noise controller enables 25 pm (0.025 nm) resolution
- Capacitive feedback for exceptional precision and linearity
- Parallel metrology for better multiaxis accuracy
- Small and rugged design with titanium case
- Vacuum-compatible typical applications: AFM/SPM and nanomanipulation, biotechnology, nanotechnology, nano-imprint, semiconductor and data-storage test equipment