For Industrial, Medical and Dental AppsMILIPATAS, Calif., Dec. 11, 2007 -- JDSU announced it has released its most powerful fiber-coupled diode laser with its new L4 series. The telecom-grade lasers use an innovative chip design to generate 10 W of output power and are designed for industrial, medical and dental applications, including fiber laser pumping, material processing and dental soft-tissue surgery. More compact packaging enables OEMs to pack more diode lasers into a smaller space in their systems.
“With the new L4 platform, JDSU has increased the performance, power and efficiency of our diode lasers, all within a smaller footprint,” said Alex Schoenfelder, vice president and general manager of Integrated Photonics at JDSU. “Our customers benefit by getting higher performance diode laser solutions that aren’t more expensive than previous offerings, thanks to our high-volume manufacturing capabilities," said Alex Schoenfelder, vice president and general manager of Integrated Photonics at JDSU.
JDSU will display the L4 s Jan. 22-24 at Photonics West 2008 (Booth 1327), to be held Jan. 19-24 at the San Jose Convention Center in San Jose, Calif.
- Expanded fiber delivery options.
- Highest power available, at 10 W, with potential for scalability.
- 100-µm fiber delivery at 0.22 or 0.15 numerical aperture. This allows for higher brightness within the fiber or the ability to focus laser light in a smaller diameter for specific applications.
- A smaller, more efficient package.
- New electrical format.
- Simplified electrical design requiring no additional parts, making the diode laser easier to integrate into OEM systems.
- Improved wavelength flexibility.
- Available in a variety of wavelengths in the 910 to 980 range.
For more information, visit: www.jdsu.com; e-mail: email@example.com
430 N. McCarthy Blvd.
Milpitas, CA 95035
Phone: (408) 546-5000
Fax: (408) 546-4300