Hyper-Rapid Ps Lasers
Dec 2007Coherent Kaiserslautern GmbHRequest Info
KAISERSLAUTERN, Germany, Dec. 28, 2007 -- Lumera Laser GmbH said its new Hyper-Rapid pictosecond lasers represent a breakthrough in the development of industrial picosecond lasers for micromachining.
The lasers use a novel amplifier concept from Lumera Laser to reach higher average power for high throughput applications, the company said. With up to 50-W TEM00 average power and pulse-repetition rates of up to 1 MHz, the Hyper-Rapid lasers are now available for high-quality industrial micromachining applications.
A high-quality 35-µm-wide cut in a tungsten foil processed in Lumera Laser's application lab. The lab is available for customer experiments.
Lumera said the throughput has increased by more than a factor of 10 over previously available models. Now more than 10mm³ of material can be abated coldly, without thermal side effects, no heat-effected zone, no cracks, no burr at the edges.
A picosecond (ps) laser beam can be focused to sub-µm diameter, and each controllable single ps pulse will remove gently only about a 10-nm layer of material, the company said.
Micromachining applications for Lumera's industrial ps lasers include:
For more information, visit: www.lumera-laser.com; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drilling small apertures or structures (for electrical, biomedical or fluidic devices) into difficult machinable materials
- Rounding hard metal tool edges for better cutting quality and longer life
- Cutting or repairing masks for processes in the semiconductor, display or OLED technology
- Structuring solar cells
- Making or repairing of lithographic masks
- Fuse blowing for memory repair etc.
Lumera Laser GmbH
Phone: +49 6301-703-256
Fax: +49 6301-703-189