AL2000 Assembly System
Jan 2008ficonTEC Service GmbHRequest Info
FiconTEC's AL2000 automated assembly system offers flexibility for diverse photonic devices. The platform includes 6-degree-of-freedom independent axes for submicron precision alignment for all possible degrees of optical (and mechanical) axes, and an almost equally accurate pick-and-place positioning capability.
The system provides various bonding options, including both ultraviolet- and thermal-epoxy, soldering, and laser welding with about 1-µm post-bond-shift accuracy.
Various fully automated assembly processes have already been implemented. These include:
• FTTx transceiver assembly
• Laser array assembly (e.g., printing applications)
• Pressure sensors
• Miniature camera modules (e.g., automotive applications)
• Micro-lens positioning and assembly (via epoxy dispensing)
• Miniature solid-state laser assembly (e.g., display applications)
• Planar parallel placement of CCD-arrays