Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics EDU Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Industrial Photonics Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News
Email Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Comments

Many Businesses Build Their Own Metro Networks
Aug 2003
BOSTON, Aug. 15 -- Forty-three percent of US businesses surveyed that have deployed a metro Ethernet network said they built it themselves, in contrast to 21 percent that employed a carrier-supplied solution, according to The Yankee Group, a communications and networking research and consulting firm.

"Users are demanding secure, reliable networks, evidenced by their continuing desire for private, non-shared resources," said Bryan Van Dussen, director of telecommunications strategies at the Yankee Group. "Network managers are comfortable with the maturity and stability of Ethernet, but 80 percent say that network security and reliability remain top issues.

Metro Ethernet services must address these concerns in order to compete effectively, he added.

According to the Yankee Group's recently released 2003 Metro Ethernet Survey, 90 percent of the 350 enterprises canvassed had deployed metro Ethernet solutions, and the other 10 percent are planning to implement this type of network in the next 12 months.

For more information, visit:

CommunicationsdefenseNews & Features

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy About Us Contact Us
back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2019 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x We deliver – right to your inbox. Subscribe FREE to our newsletters.
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.