Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics EDU Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Industrial Photonics Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News
Email Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Comments

Rofin-Sinar Purchases Laser Companies

Photonics Spectra
Dec 2004
In a cash transaction of an undisclosed amount, Rofin-Sinar Technologies, headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, and Plymouth, Mich., has acquired the outstanding shares of capital stock of PRC Laser Corp. and Lee Laser from Dover Industries. PRC, of Landing, N.J., manufactures high-power fast-axial-flow CO2 lasers. Its subsidiary, PRC Europe NV in Belgium, is included in the acquisition. Lee Laser of Orlando, Fla., supplies solid-state lasers for materials processing applications. Both PRC and Lee will continue to market products under their own brand names. As a result of the purchases, Rofin-Sinar expects to strengthen its position in the North American industrial laser market and to increase its customer base in the US and Asia.

In other business, affiliate Rofin-Sinar Technologies Europe has increased its ownership to 95 percent of the common stock of Dilas Diodenlaser GmbH in a cash deal of an undisclosed amount. A co-founder of Dilas holds the remaining 5 percent. The Mainz, Germany, company manufactures high-power diode laser bars.

Businesshigh-power fast-axial-flow CO2 lasersindustriallight speedmaterials processing applicationsRofin-Sinar Technologiessolid-state lasers

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy About Us Contact Us
back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2019 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x Subscribe to Photonics Spectra magazine - FREE!
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.