Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics EDU Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Industrial Photonics Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News
Email Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Comments

Heico Acquires EDT, Seal
Nov 2005
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. & BEAVERTON, Ore., Nov. 7 -- Hollywood, Fla.-based Heico said Friday it bought all the stock of Engineering Design Team (EDT), based in Beaverton, and most of the assets of an EDT affiliate for cash. Financial terms were not disclosed.

EDT makes products that link devices such as telemetry receivers, digital cameras, high-resolution scanners, simulation systems and test systems to computers. Founded in 1987 by David Lowry, current president, and Chet Britten, current vice president, EDT has about 25 employees. Heico said it has no plans for employee turnover in Beaverton and that current management will remain.

Heico is engaged primarily in certain niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries through its Hollywood-based Heico Aerospace Holdings Corp. subsidiary and its Miami-based Heico Electronic Technologies Corp. subsidiary.

The company announced earlier last week that its Flight Support Group, through Heico Aerospace Holdings, bought a 51 percent interest in in Seal Dynamics, for cash. Seal, based in Deer Park, N.Y., makes hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electromechanical components for the commercial, regional and general aviation markets. The remaining 49 percent of Seal will continue to be owned primarily by David J. Susser, Seal's president and CEO. Susser and SDI's other senior managers will continue in their current positions, and Heico said it doesn't expect any employee turnover at Seal.

Heico said its aerospace unit will broaden its product portfolio of aircraft parts, and other industrial products, with the deal.

For more information, visit:

The technology of generating and harnessing light and other forms of radiant energy whose quantum unit is the photon. The science includes light emission, transmission, deflection, amplification and detection by optical components and instruments, lasers and other light sources, fiber optics, electro-optical instrumentation, related hardware and electronics, and sophisticated systems. The range of applications of photonics extends from energy generation to detection to communications and...
aviationdefensedigital camerasEDTEngineering Design TeamHeicoindustrialNews & Featuresphotonicsspace and electronics

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy About Us Contact Us
back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2018 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x We deliver – right to your inbox. Subscribe FREE to our newsletters.
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.