Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics EDU Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Industrial Photonics Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News
Email Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Comments

Emcore to Locate Joint Venture in Huaninan City
Dec 2010
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Dec. 8, 2010 — Emcore Corp. announced it has signed an agreement with San’an Optoelectronics Co. Ltd. to register and operate its previously announced joint venture, Suncore Photovoltaics Co. Ltd., in Huainan City, China.

The joint venture manufactures high-concentration photovoltaic components and systems for solar power applications.

Emcore signed a joint venture agreement with San’an in July to make and distribute CPV receivers, modules and systems for terrestrial solar power applications under the Suncore Photovoltaics brand. It owns 40 percent of Suncore, while San’an owns the remaining 60 percent.

The two companies previously planned to establish Suncore’s primary manufacturing operations in Wuhu City, China. Its new location is expected to expedite the schedule for construction and commencement of operations, as well as provide other economic incentives for the joint venture.

Over the next five years, Suncore is expected to establish a total of 1000 MW of manufacturing in Huainan, with 200 MW of capacity to be ready by the end of 2011, 300 MW by the end of 2013, and the remaining 500 MW by the end of 2015.

“China is viewed as one of the most promising markets for CPV solar power,” said Dr. Hong Q. Hou, president and CEO of Emcore. “This agreement demonstrates Huainan’s strategy and commitment to the growth of its renewable energy industry. We believe that this investment by Huainan and the establishment of Suncore’s low cost manufacturing operation will enable our CPV technology to become a cost-effective solution for commercial and power utility applications.”

The two companies plan to commence facility construction in early 2011.

Emcore provides compound semiconductor-based components, subsystems and systems for the fiber optics and solar power markets.

San’an Optoelectronics produces LED epitaxial wafers and chips, and is a leader in CPV manufacture and deployment in China.

For more information, visit: 

AmericasAsia-PacificBusinessChinachipsCPVCPV technologyEmcoreEmcore Corporationenergyepitaxial wafersfiber opticsgreen photonicsgreen technologyHuainanindustrialJoint VentureLight Emitting Diodelight sourcesmWopticsphotovoltaicsPVrenewable energySan’an Optoelectronicssemiconductorsolarsolar cellssolar powerSuncore PhotovoltaicsWafersLEDs

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy About Us Contact Us
back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2019 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x We deliver – right to your inbox. Subscribe FREE to our newsletters.
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.