Search Menu
Photonics Media Photonics Buyers' Guide Photonics EDU Photonics Spectra BioPhotonics EuroPhotonics Industrial Photonics Photonics Showcase Photonics ProdSpec Photonics Handbook
More News
Email Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Comments

Balluff Acquires Matrix Vision, Manufacturer of Image Processing Components

Industrial Photonics
Jan 2018
Image processing component manufacturer Matrix Vision GmbH has been acquired by sensor and automation provider Balluff Inc.

Michael Unger, Florian Hermle, Katrin Stegmaier-Hermle, Uwe Furtner, Erhard Meier, Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon. Courtesy of Matrix Vision.
L to R: Michael Unger, Florian Hermle, Katrin Stegmaier-Hermle, Uwe Furtner, Erhard Meier, Gerhard Thullner and Werner Armingeon. Courtesy of Matrix Vision.

"In the future, our product portfolio will complement the range of the Balluff Group in a field in which Balluff has played a relatively small role till now: machine vision,” said Uwe Furtner, technical director of Matrix Vision.

Matrix Vision, with its 100 employees, will still operate independently and with an unchanged brand in the field of image processing. Managing directors Uwe Furtner and Erhard Meier will continue to manage the company at its site in Oppenweiler. Balluff now holds 75 percent of the shares in the company, with the remaining 25 percent being retained by the previous shareholders.

"Machine vision will grow in importance in the future against the backdrop of Industry 4.0,” the shareholders said in a statement. “As part of the Balluff Group, we will be able to service this growing market better, both nationally and internationally. The resulting long-term opportunities for our company are enormous, giving our workforce a clear perspective for the future.”

Balluff offers a comprehensive portfolio of innovative sensor, identification and network technologies and software for integrated system solutions. Matrix Vision offers a wide range of frame grabbers, industrial cameras, intelligent cameras, video sensors, embedded systems and software in the industrial image processing sector.

”For four years, we have been closely cooperating with Matrix Vision in a development partnership,” said Florian Germie, managing director of Balluff. “One of our two camera-based product lines is from Matrix Vision. So we already know that we are well-suited to one another and our product lines are optimally matched. Furthermore, Matrix Vision also attaches great importance to the subject of software. Matrix Vision lets us extend both our product portfolio in the area of camera-based sensor systems and our software development capacities.”

BusinessMatrix VisionBalluffmergers and acquisitionsimagingsensing and detectingautomationEuropeBusiness News

Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy About Us Contact Us
back to top
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn YouTube RSS
©2018 Photonics Media, 100 West St., Pittsfield, MA, 01201 USA,

Photonics Media, Laurin Publishing
x Subscribe to Vision Spectra magazine - FREE!
We use cookies to improve user experience and analyze our website traffic as stated in our Privacy Policy. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.