- BFi Optilas to Distribute Bright Solutions Products
Laser maker Bright Solutions of Cura Carpignano, Italy, announced that BFi Optilas, a distributor of lasers, optical components, spectroscopy instruments, imaging, and other specialty components and services to the electronics and photonics markets, will now distribute its products in Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, and Switzerland. Bright Solutions makes diode-pumped solid-state (DPSS) and high-power fiber-coupled laser diodes for industrial, medical, aerospace and scientific applications. Bright Solutions products available through France-based BFi Optilas include: the Luce Q-switched DPSS laser, the Wedge high peak power DPSS laser, and high-power fiber-coupled laser diode modules.
- A two-electrode device with an anode and a cathode that passes current in only one direction. It may be designed as an electron tube or as a semiconductor device.
- That branch of science involved in the study and utilization of the motion, emissions and behaviors of currents of electrical energy flowing through gases, vacuums, semiconductors and conductors, not to be confused with electrics, which deals primarily with the conduction of large currents of electricity through metals.
- The technology of generating and harnessing light and other forms of radiant energy whose quantum unit is the photon. The science includes light emission, transmission, deflection, amplification and detection by optical components and instruments, lasers and other light sources, fiber optics, electro-optical instrumentation, related hardware and electronics, and sophisticated systems. The range of applications of photonics extends from energy generation to detection to communications and...
- An optical element having plane-inclined surfaces. Usually the faces are inclined toward one another at very small angles. Wedges divert light toward their thicker portions, and may be circular, oblong or square. See also absorbing wedge; calibrated wedge; neutral density wedge.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA