WiTec Opens Singapore Headquarters
ULM, Germany, June 2, 2010 — To further expand into the Asia-Pacific market, WiTec GmbH has opened a new office in Singapore.
The new operation will accelerate the company’s growth and help achieve its goal of better serving its worldwide customer base. Located in the “German Centre Singapore,” the office will provide support to the sales and service activities of regional distributors.
Under the leadership of Matthias Kress, WiTec’s director of sales in Asia, the company will promote its high-resolution scientific microscope systems.
WiTec manufactures high-performance optical and scanning probe microscopy systems. Based in Ulm, it has regional headquarters in Maryville, Tenn., and Singapore.
For more information, visit: www.witec.de
- An instrument consisting essentially of a tube 160 mm long, with an objective lens at the distant end and an eyepiece at the near end. The objective forms a real aerial image of the object in the focal plane of the eyepiece where it is observed by the eye. The overall magnifying power is equal to the linear magnification of the objective multiplied by the magnifying power of the eyepiece. The eyepiece can be replaced by a film to photograph the primary image, or a positive or negative relay...
- Pertaining to optics and the phenomena of light.
- Acronym for profile resolution obtained by excitation. In its simplest form, probe involves the overlap of two counter-propagating laser pulses of appropriate wavelength, such that one pulse selectively populates a given excited state of the species of interest while the other measures the increase in absorption due to the increase in the degree of excitation.
- scanning probe microscope
- See atomic force microscope; magnetic force microscope; near-field scanning optical microscope; scanning tunneling microscope.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA