- Photonics Leads Hall of Fame
Optics and imaging technology inventors top the Polaroid Corp. Technology Hall of Fame, which honors employees who have more than 10 patents.
The 18 engineers and scientists inducted this year account for 669 patents:
- 100 or more patents: Bruce K. Johnson, engineering fellow, and Lloyd D. Taylor, a former senior research and engineering fellow.
- 50 or more patents: William T. Plummer, senior director of optical engineering, and Philip R. Norris and George D. Whiteside, engineering fellows.
- 25 or more patents: Russell A. Gaudiana, director of the Materials Research Laboratory; Stephen J. Telfer, senior research fellow; and David P. Waller, research fellow.
- 10 or more patents: Michael S. Viola, senior director and divisional vice president; F. Richard Cottrell, senior research and engineering fellow and vice president of technology; Socorro M. Ramos and Stephen G. Stroud, senior scientists; Peter P. Carcia, director of product development; Donald E. Mauchan, product manager; Peter P. Clark and Michael L. Reisch, distinguished engineers; Kenneth J. Launie, senior principal engineer; and John L. Marshall, distinguished scientist.
MORE FROM PHOTONICS MEDIA